Experienced Child Relocation / Change of Domicile
Attorney in Fort Myers FL

If the parent and the children plan to move more than 50 miles from their current residence the parent needs to file a Petition for Relocation, if the other party does not agree. The Petition must include the parties new address, new telephone number, specify the children’s new school, a new job offer (if there is one) and show that it is in the best interest of the child to move. Also considered is if the non-custodial parent will be able to maintain a parenting relationship with the child if relocation is approved.

There are several procedural specifics that have to be presented to the courts for any relocation, and if a non-custodial parent does not respond to any request from the courts regarding a relocation petition, the courts will likely rule in favor of the relocation request. If the non-custodial parent files an objection to the relocation, then an expedited hearing will be held for the Court to make a determination as to whether the party may move. The Court will also determine parental responsibility, a long distance time sharing, child support and other issues of expenses related to the child’s expenses.

change of domicile, or relocation is best served with the help of an experienced, compassionate Family Law Attorney, such as Eve McClurg.

Attorney Eve McClurg Fort Myers FL

Believe In Eve, Experience You Can Trust!

For A Complimentary Initial Consultation

(239) 334-4EVE (4383)

Start typing and press Enter to search