Relocation / Change of Domicile Attorney
in Fort Myers, Charlotte, Cape Coral and Lee County FL

The Law Firm of Eve McClurg, P.A.

If the parties are not in agreement and one parent and the children plan to move more than 50 miles from their current residence the parent needs to file a Petition for Relocation.  The Petition must include the parties new address, new telephone number, specify the children’s new school, a new job offer (if there is one) and show that it is in the best interest of the child to move.  Also considered is if the non-custodial parent will be able to maintain a parenting relationship with the child if relocation is approved. See Florida Statute 63.13001.

There are several procedural specifics that have to be presented to the courts for any relocation, and if other parent does not respond to any request from the courts regarding a relocation petition, the courts will likely rule in favor of the relocation request.  If the other parent files an objection to the relocation, then an expedited hearing will be held for the Court to make a determination as to whether the party may move. The Court will also determine parental responsibility, a long distance time sharing, child support and other issues of expenses related to travel expenses.

change of domicile, or relocation is best served with the help of an experienced, compassionate Family Law Attorney, such as Eve McClurg. Call (239) 449-9943

Believe in Eve, Experience You Can trust

For a Complimentary Initial Consultation

(239) 449-9943