Modification of Child Support or Spousal Support Attorney
in Fort Myers, Charlotte, Cape Coral and Lee County FL

The Law Firm of Eve McClurg, P.A.

In life, people’s financial circumstances frequently change and a “substantial” change in either party’s income or custodial timeshare with the minor children may be grounds for a modification of existing support obligations.

Modification of Child Support – Fort Myers, Charlotte, Cape Coral and Lee County FL

In the case of child support modifications, the loss of a job, a change in income for either parent, a change in the children’s custodial arrangement, or other life events can bring about the need to make changes in the amount of child support. Essentially, any significant change in financial or custodial circumstances may require that the current child support orders be modified to reflect your new reality. If you feel that there has been a significant change that warrants a modification of child support, the Law Offices of Eve McClurg will work hard to achieve a workable solution for you, whether through negotiated settlement or judicial intervention.

Modification of Spousal Support – Fort Myers, Charlotte, Cape Coral and Lee County FL

During the divorce process, financial circumstances of the spouses may change so as to require a modification of the current temporary spousal support orders. After the divorce is finalized, as time passes, circumstances may change for both you and your former spouse. If changes in employment, marital status or financial means occur, it may be possible to modify or even end spousal support. Whether you are receiving spousal support and are defending against a reduction in spousal support, or you are paying spousal support and seeking a termination of your spousal support obligations, the Law Offices of Eve McClurg is prepared with the knowledge and nuances of Florida spousal support laws to represent your interests.

The physical or mental disability of a spouse may make them unable to support themselves, causing the need to request additional support. If the payor should become similarly disabled they can request a decrease in the required support they must pay.

If the spouse paying support remarries and has a child they may petition the court for a reduction in the amount of support paid to the ex-spouse. However, this does not apply if the spouse paying support remarries and assumes the additional responsibility of supporting their new spouse’s children.

Oral agreements between the parties which modify child support or spousal support are not enforceable. Therefore, it is critical that an experienced Fort Myers, Charlotte, Cape Coral and Lee County FL divorce and family law attorney assist you to ensure that the current orders reflect any agreements reached between the parties.

Eve McClurg is experienced in issues of child support and spousal support (alimony), and will fight to protect your rights. Call now at 239-449-9943 or contact us here.

Believe in Eve, Experience You Can trust

For a Complimentary Initial Consultation

(239) 449-9943